Translate

Wednesday 13 June 2012

♡ Absolute Vintage ♡

  
(etralalondon.blogspot.com)

Spitalfields, Brick Lane & its surrounding, Victorian areas are well-known for having superb vintage fashion shops, as well as a range of great markets, such as Petticoat Lane. So, I was not surprised to see that it is the home of 'Absolute Vintage'- the only store in the UK that offers the 'largest vintage shoe and bag selection'!!!

I first came across this place aaaages ago when my gorgeous dudette/fellow Camden Home-Gal Lucy & I boarded a train to the East End for a day of photography & vin-taaage shopping galore!
Indeed a dream-come-true for us vintage fashion lovers, on entry you're greeted by an endless choice of shoes, bags, belts, boots & accessories. That means I'm going to spend far too many hours here & find out I have far too many missed calls from loved-ones who worry I'm lost or something ditsy, just to find that I am, but in a world of vintage wonder... Pop-by for clothing for both men & women that date from 1930’s to 1980’s...


Within seconds of entering, I already had my vintage-terminator scanner on & had singled-out my prey; a pair of suede, navy-blue loafers with a chunky, gold chain attached, a black & gold, belly-dancer looking rope belt & jumper & a dress in their 'sale bin'. "Feet don't fail me now" became the mantra of the day as I slid like a slinky snake through the unsuspecting crowd of other hunters. Hhmmm, there was no way that they were going to get to the goods before me, I thought, but it was during that thought that I realised that I lost Lucy, heheee. She too had been caught in the voodoo-trance of vintage bargain hunting & was skulking all zombie-like in a dusty corner, drooling over a rather impressive brown leather saddle bag. I knew she too had found her calling, so before I could be distracted any more, I made my way to the inevitable destination of my eager journey; the shoe rack....

Yes it is common knowledge that I have annoyingly mini feet in length & for some reason all the snazzy vintage shoes I seem to find, want & need, are always a 6 or 7? Aargh!! This time I was lucky, a 4.5 lay before me & discovered that its undeniable destiny was to go from my fair hands to my fair feet & that they did... The navy blue suede loafers cost me £15, the black & gold, belly-dancer-esque rope belt- £25 & a slinky, black, button-up dress & a really cute, Aran-knit cropped jumper with mini, sewn-on flowers-both only £1 each!!!!! Bargain!

Satisfied with our buys, we left feeling rather proud of ourselves & totally in-love with 'Absolute Vintage'. I can't wait to go back!
(flickr.com)

(carriemelondon.blogspot.com)

(lilydresscode.blogspot.com)
(awanderfullife.com)
(lucylovesfabric.com)
(europenethotels.com)
  (flickr.com)

  (aesthetikophilos.blogspot.com)


You can find 'Absolute Vintage' at: 15 Hanbury St. Aldgate East or Liverpool Street Station exit. See you there!


                                          Lots of Love,

                                     Lover-Doll Presley
                                              x TCB x

No comments:

Post a Comment